Role: Aircraft Fitter
Location Staverton (Gloucestershire Airport)
Duration: 12 Months
Rate: £18.59 p/hr PAYE / £24.00/ p/hr Umbrella, Inside IR35
My client is seeking an Aircraft Fitter to support engineering maintenance activities. The successful candidate will have recent commercial Helicopter Engineering maintenance experience (aircraft systems, maintenance processes, sound fault diagnosis processes).
The candidate should have BPSS Clearance (must be SC Clearable)
- Assemble and Test units and sub-assemblies to ensure conformance to drawing and other relevant documents.
- All aspects of Base Maintenance scheduled & unscheduled along with associated fault diagnosis processes, repairs and husbandry.
- Secondary support of Line based fleet as directed by Engineering Management Team
- Ensuring effective and efficient use of company assets in support of fleet (man-hours, support vehicles, spares, tools, consumables, GSE and IT hardware/software)
- Support maximum fleet availability through a proactive approach to aircraft maintenance, husbandry and planning
- Work effectively as part of a team or self-supervised as required
- Maintaining a safe, efficient and regulatory compliant working environment.
- Apply Continuous Improvement principles within area of responsibility
- Support Maintenance Test Flying when required
- Recent commercial Helicopter Engineering maintenance experience (aircraft systems, maintenance processes, sound fault diagnosis processes)
- Working knowledge of EASA & BCAR regulations and requirements associated with aircraft maintenance
- Experience of working in a SMS & HSE centric organisation
- Competent IT skills and familiar with MS Office products
- Positive work ethic and ability to work effectively with minimum direct supervision
- Formal Aircraft or other appropriate Engineering training
- Unrestricted Driving License
- SMS & HF training
- BPSS Clearance (must be SC Clearable, Required)
Please submit your CV in the first instance.