Aftersales Service Manager
£40,000 - £45,000
Healthcare + Pension + Life Insurance
Are you an experienced Workshop Manager or Franchise Dealer looking for an exciting next step in your career? My client is a leading developer of medium and heavy-duty class commercial vehicles. Using a system engineering approach, they have developed cutting edge world-class electric vehicle technology. With government and private investment backing, this company is now 8 years old and in full swing of manufacturing electrical trucks, with exceptional growth plans this is a great time to join the team!
Reporting to Technical Aftersales Manager you will:
- Ensure any parts used for repair are booked out of stock and managed correctly. Reporting on vehicle issues via a set process, including detailed PowerPoint to the relevant department manager.
- To manage Aftersales Fast Field Fix in the Workshop in resolving product quality issues with regular meetings, to ensure effective resolution of issues
- Work closely with Quality / Current Engineering and the Technical team - to find resolutions to customer / dealer issues
- Complete timed repair operations on new vehicles prior to launch, to enable the Technical Publications team to publish correct Service Repair Operations to the repairer network
- To ensure that the technical information produced from the field (if you or your team are requested to go into the field) is consolidated into an appropriate database. Inputs from field include Technical and FPR (Field Product Reports)- Working through the Technical Manager.
- Liaise with Customer and Dealer Technical Helpdesks, Technical Engineers and Product Development Staff.
Experience & Exposures:
- Minimum of 5 years' experience in automotive or an engineering customer product related industry - Within retail or OEM
- Demonstrable Commercial vehicle Technical and mechanical background
- A great understanding of Workshop Management processes and systems
- Previous Experience of working within the motor industry, covering vehicle repair, diagnosis, and customer handling.
- Mechanical and EV knowledge would be extremely advantageous but not essential.
- Must be an experienced self-assured manager who creates a positive work culture.
- You are motivated by challenge and the ability to "make it happen"
- A strong analytical thinker who has the ability to confidently use Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint.
If this role sounds like you, apply today for immediate consideration!