IT & BAU Engineer
Location - Coventry
Contract Length - 6 Months
Rate - £455 per day - PAYE
- Operate and maintain traditional IT infrastructures, cloud ecosystems, and IT services to meet business needs. Manages compute physical/virtual and storage environments; oversees systems and services maintenance and security
- Work with teams and cross-functional partners to identify and resolve systematic operational challenges that impact the customer experience
- Proactively support and manage the global portfolio of Hosting and Storage Solutions ensuring platforms run effectively, securely and efficiently, ensuring hyper-vigilant support is provided
- Be responsible for maintaining and proactively managing the global portfolio of Hosting and Storage Solutions
- Perform problem identification and root cause analysis for complex issues.
- Participation and engagement in Projects/Service improvements impacting Infrastructure and Data Centre Services.
- Monitor and review service performance at a component level e.g. Application Server, production of reports including recommendations for risk mitigation.
- 3rd party/vendor liaison with respect to technical support, build and maintenance.
- Ensuring the configuration management database is maintained.
- Ensuring that technology implemented is supportable and maintainable.
Key skills and competencies:
- Significant number of years' experience in a specialist support/delivery role in a medium to large organisation, with significant technical delivery/support responsibility
- Excellent customer-facing skills, including critical issue escalation & resolution, root cause analysis / corrective actions, and leading with accountability
- Deep technical knowledge/specialism of the following technologies to "Expert" level:
- VMware Cloud Foundation/ Netapps Storage/Microsoft Server platforms, Dell Vxrail (HCI)
- Managing and upgrading Active directory in a multi domain environment
- Domain Services (DNS, DHCP, IPAM, PKI, MFA, DFS,NTP, File and Print)
- Highly developed interpersonal skills and ability to be an effective team player
- Experience of configuring, implementing, developing and supporting complex
- Enterprise Cloud - Azure
- Technical Compliance & License Management
- Global server/software obsolesce patching and security
- Hardware Lifecycle Management
If you are interested in the role then please do feel free to apply.